6 Ways to Wear a Scarf
Scarves are a great fashion investment. They come in a variety of lengths, fabrics, patterns and colors and are one of the most versatile pieces of clothing. While they’re typically associated with colder weather, thin summer scarves are a hot item on the runway these days. Whether it’s delicate with decorative graphics or thick and fuzzy, here we’ve listed a few of our favorite ways you can wear your favorite scarf.
1. One end on each side. Probably the most basic way to wear your scarf is to just put it over your head and go. While this style won’t keep your whole neck warm, it is a great way to show off a long, beautiful scarf on the outside of your jacket or sweater.
2. The infinity twist can be worn by tying the ends of your scarf together and wrapping it twice around your neck or by buying an infinity scarf—which is already sewn together at the ends. This is a great way to stay toasty warm or rock a thin summer scarf.
3. Specialty knots. Like ties, scarves can be tied in a variety of specialty knots. Try rocking the hip West Village knot: take the end right end across and behind the left, and pull it through to make one loop. Then wrap the right side around the left again to create a second loop. The end result should be two loops around your neck and the two ends hanging down your front like a tie.
4. Around your collar. Wear a light, silk scarf around your collared shirt for a stylish, pretty look that is perfect for any season.
5. In your hair. Wrap a light statement scarf around your messy bun for a standout look that is casual and playful.
6. As a belt. What’s more versatile than a piece that can be worn on your head, around your neck and around your waist? Cinch your favorite scarf at your waist for a style that can be casual or classic (depending on the scarf) and will accentuate your features for a slimming look.