5 Quick Ways to Update Your Living Space
After the holidays, winter starts to feel like one long, dreary, never-ending day. You’re bored, you feel trapped and you have a case of cabin fever. While it’s not the ideal time of year for a full remodel, you can make quick updates to your home that will chase away the winter blues and leave you feeling refreshed, inspired and accomplished. Here are five easy, budget-friendly updates you can make to update your living space.
1. A fresh coat of paint makes everything look better. Whether you’re repainting one room, every room or even a piece of furniture, a vibrant new color and the smell of fresh paint will have you feeling bright. Plus, color can change the entire atmosphere of a room. Take your living room from a warm brown to a peaceful blue or a vibrant yellow. If your walls are already the perfect color, try using decorative wall stickers that don’t peel away paint and CommandTM strips to hang art and décor for a truly versatile room. When you’re tired of these pieces, just take them down and hang up something new without the fuss.
2. Install a kitchen backsplash for a huge impact without a huge investment. You can use almost any color scheme or material, from pebbles to granite to copper pennies. A backsplash is a great way to add fun and elegance to your kitchen, and it can be done in a day!
3. Reupholstering your furniture is a great way change up a room without having to buy an entirely new set. Just choose a fabric you like, follow simple instructions online and voila!—your friends will be asking you where you got your chic new furniture.
4. Consider a new lighting scheme for your home, and you’ll be amazed at what a huge difference light can play in the layout, appearance and ambiance of a room. Lighting can change the look and feel of any room, and its power to transform a space is often underestimated. Unique fixtures such as decorative wall scones can create an alluring aesthetic with indirect lighting for your living or bedroom, while the kitchen, living and dining rooms are often central hubs that would benefit from overhead pendants and lamps. Creating a new lighting plan is all about assessing functionality versus personality.
5. Getting organized may seem like an obvious way to change your space, but you’d be amazed at how you feel when you’re finished. Cleaning out your closets, attic or basement, filing papers in your home office or rearranging your kitchen cabinets will have you feeling accomplished and make your home feel more welcoming.
Find unique home decor on Supermarket.